Friday 9 November 2012

Having Fun With A Dog

I was very happy to be asked to try out some stamps from Stamps Direct.  Looking at the many wonderful stamps on their website, I thought it would be fun to have a stamp made for my daughter.

She loves dogs and so I drew a dog and Stamps Direct made it into a stamp.  So Mary and I could play.

We coloured in a few bits and added a smiley stamp to make a name tag.


Of course the dog doesn't have to be white. Here is is a spotty dog on a birthday card.


I used the stamp and normal pad to make a simple hanging ornament. For Christmas I might embroider in a Christmas hat and hang it on the tree.







 


I also used the stamp on a calico bag.  As this might want to be washed I used fabric paint.

  


We did have lots of fun and every time we use it more ideas come into our head.  I am planning to use the stamp again on fabric, perhaps on a cushion cover, and maybe embroider over it completely or pick out small details.

So pop over to Stamps Direct and see what you can find.